How Does an HVAC System Work in Your Brighton, IL Home?
Have you ever wondered how an HVAC unit works? This system is important in regard to the temperature regulation and indoor air quality in your Brighton, IL, home. Read on to learn what an HVAC system is and how it works in your home.
What Is an HVAC System?
An HVAC system handles the heating, central air conditioner and ventilation of air in your home. This system has both an indoor and an outdoor unit. The typical HVAC system can last anywhere from 15 to 20 years if properly maintained.
How Does an HVAC Unit Work?
An HVAC system consists of four components. Each of these components plays an essential role in the regulation of the temperature and air quality of your home.
- Furnace: The furnace will use natural gas or oil to heat the air.
- Air Conditioner: Your AC uses electricity and refrigerant to cool air taken from outside. It then circulates that cool air inside the house. Also, the air conditioning system will remove the hot air from the home.
- Ductwork: The ductwork is responsible for moving the air throughout all the rooms of your home.
- Thermostat: Your thermostat is responsible for the regulation of the system. It acts as the brain of the HVAC unit that can turn on and offer the heating, cooling and ventilation functions.
Types of HVAC Systems
There are three main types of HVAC systems. Each of these systems offers its own unique advantages:
- Gravity System: With this system, you can only use the HVAC unit to heat your home. The hot air rises from the system while the cold air sinks and is absorbed by the system.
- Forced Air System: This is the most popular HVAC unit. It works by forcing hot air through one set of ducts and cold air through another set of ducts.
- Radiant System: This system can only be used to heat the home. With a radiant system, hot air heats the floor, walls and ceilings of a room.
To learn more about our HVAC services, contact Den-Son Inc. Cooling & Heating today.
Image provided by iStock
You May Also Like
When you’re looking for a new furnace, efficiency becomes a central focus along with size. Everyone recognizes that more efficient furnaces lower… Continue Reading How Furnace Efficiency Is Determined in Brighton, IL…
A heat pump in good condition heats or cools your Alton, IL, home in two to three cycles every hour. Each cycle… Continue Reading Reasons Your Heat Pump in Alton, IL, Turns On and Off Frequently…
Summer is gone, and winter will arrive soon. Wind, ice and other harsh weather conditions can cause power outages. While you can’t… Continue Reading Is Your Standby Generator Ready for Winter?…